BENEFITS OF WAX CRAYONS
These wax coloring pencils are ergonomically designed specifically for children over 3 years old.
– The pebble shape of these wax crayons makes them easy to hold with 3 fingers. This gesture is essential because it prepares the muscles of the hand for learning to write.
– These wax crayons are for right and left handed people.
– The softness of the wax crayons makes them very pleasant to handle.
– As the wax crayon is used, its shape diminishes and the child’s gesture becomes more precise.
– The colors can be mixed together to create beautiful gradients and other shades. A real plus for playing with colors in kindergarten.
– Does not stain fingers.
– These colored pencils are almost unbreakable because their pebble shape makes them less fragile than regular pencils. They can last a very long time.
– Recommended by occupational therapists.
– These wax crayons are products of the brand Crayon Rocks, they are distributed in France by Poppik.
These Crayon Rocks wax crayons are made from soy wax, so they are made from natural materials: they do not contain kerosene or any other petroleum derivative.
– The pigments that color Crayon Rocks wax crayons are natural.
– Crayon Rocks chalks are long lasting ! With a single pebble, the child can cover a 5 m long strip of paper (30 cm high).
– These wax crayons are made in the United States, in Kentucky.
– These Crayon Rocks colored pencils comply with the CE toy standard. This product is ASTM D 4236, CE, EN71 and CPSIA certified.
– The bag that contains the Crayon Rocks wax crayons is made of cotton, closed by a small cord.
ADVICE FOR USE
– These wax crayons are suitable for children from 3 years old.
– These Crayon Rocks wax crayons can be used to trace on paper. You can also rub the paper with the flat of the pebble and cover large areas. By rubbing in this way, the colors can be easily mixed together: an excellent way to help the child discover what the mixing of colors produces. These different gestures train the child’s hand and solicit his motor skills.
– Crayon Rocks wax crayons can also be used on fabric. In this case, iron the fabric (inside out) so that the wax becomes embedded in the fibers. The fabric can then be washed at 30°C. The color disappears with a washing at 60°C.
– To get a very nice result similar to oil paint, rub the finished coloring with the palm of your hand. You can also combine pastels with other types of paint such as water-based ink or simple gouache pellets. The result will be very bright ! Use under adult supervision.
PREPARE TO WRITE
These Crayon Rocks crayons were developed by Barbara Lee, a teacher specializing in learning to write. She has noticed that children who have difficulty writing often have difficulty holding a pencil. Tightening up on your pencil prevents you from concentrating on your drawing.
– With these Crayon Rocks pebble-shaped crayons, the child will naturally get used to holding the crayon with 3 fingers (thumb index finger). This is the “pinch” hold. This grasping gesture is the one that children will have to use to learn to write. Coloring with Crayon Rocks is a first step towards learning to write.
– Crayon Rocks is suitable for both right and left handed users. By rubbing with the pencil, the child can test his laterality: he tries with the right hand and then with the left hand. It is by trying with both hands that he will choose which one he feels most comfortable with.